POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac? : Re: Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac? Server Time
18 May 2024 08:31:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac?
From: Renderdog
Date: 22 Dec 2002 13:25:04
Message: <web.3e06024d42f46e194b5522fd0@news.povray.org>
Dale Walsh wrote:

>Add me to the list, the render queue stays open and I have to quit to
>get it to stop.  I see a lot of people have this problem but I see no
>answers?  G4, OS 9.2.2, Carbon Lib 1.6; all the same systems?

I'm running on a 500MHz G4 PowerBook, OS 9.2.2, Carbon Lib 1.6, and I
have no problems with the rendering speed or the queue. I set POV-Ray
to Tyrannical or Selfishly fast and turned all the sleep and power saving
settings off.

By the way, I posted these questions a few months ago and received no
response, so I'll try again:

I've set my Edit-> Preferences...-> Editor font to Courier 12, but when I
open new windows they come up in the default font and size. Only by
reselecting the Courier popup in Preferences do the windows display using
my editor preference font settings. Is this problem unique to me?

While I'm here, it would be nice (for me anyway) if POV-Ray Mac asked if you
were sure you wanted to quit. I use the apple-1 and apple-2 keys to pop up
windows and sometimes I accidentally hit apple-q. It will quit without
question even if I've modified some text.

Other than these minor complaints, I've found the editor a joy to use; the
color coding really helps code clarity.

Okay, one other question. POV-Ray Mac crashes when I try to render a large
PICT file, such as 6600x4400 resolution. PNG and Targa work fine, but
Photoshop won't let me look at partial renders in those formats so I prefer
PICT. Is there a limit to how big a PICT file can be?